Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Geecharged motor...

Right,i drove my finished corrado today for about 140 kms,just to re-fresh,my engine is running a standard out of the packet 2.0 9A 16v mill with a G-charger,no mods exept a 'KR'engine inlet cam,C/R is original,as is exhaust,cam timing,timing,etc,ECU,chip,pulley,injectors are all OE G60.

The engine has this damm annoying problem,when at normal operating temp.,and when i give the car full throttle/load the narrow band air fuel ratio meter goes lean when it should go rich(full throttle switch?),well,i notice that the red leds are all lean and the car starts to misfire and hesitate which proved quite dangerous today while overtaking...,no amount of throttle movement sends the car rich,1 thing i tried was stopping the car for a few miniuts and letting it cool down,this worked in that the meter worked again untill the next overtaking move when it started playing up again.

Lambda sensor maybe?,when this fault appears,the leds never move from red

any help is appriciated,cheers all,Andrew.

When the car is in idle, does the a/f gauge cycle?

You shouldnt really be flooring the car with the standard chip mate, you could be going very lean under boost.

Dubcharged,yes,the meter cycles normally when idleing hot or cold,i think maybe the lamda sensor may be faulty.

I also checked the full throttle switch with the engine idleing,it works because the car bogs,but it certainly does not work at full throttle,only when i lift my foot off the accelerator pedal very slightly,sometimes the meter goes rich.

You Should really get a different chip, the block is bigger, and the 16v head flows waaay better then the standard 8v head, so it really doesn't suprise me that it is leaning out no.

Get the SNS chip, it will run much better :thumb right: .

Yeah chippie,your right,what i don't understand is why is it that when ever i press the accelerator pedal to the floor and engauge full throttle switch does the car go lean off the scale???,yet when activated with the pedal just off the idle switch it goes rich,too rich for idle.