Sign in to follow this  
90g60corrado

aftermarket headunit install

I ordered my cd player (Panasonic MXE CQ-C1200U) from crutchfield. It came with the PAC OEM-2. more info (at the bottom of the page) here. [web]http://www.pac-audio.com/products/oem1.htm [/web]

I have 90 corrado g60 with aktiv system.

I wired up the headunit harness to the PAC OEM-2 input harness, and PAC OEM-2 output harness to the Volkswagen wire harness adapter. All done according to the instruction.

I connected the headunit to the harness and harness adapter to the orginal headunit harness. Connected the antenna adapter. Headunit went on like it should. Put on the radio, AM/FM work fine, sound coming out of every speakers. But when I try to play the cd, the headunit will load, and showed that the cd is playing, but there is no sound coming out of the speaker. I tried several different cds, but none of them work. Then when I switched it back to radio, AM/FM still work fine, sound coming out of all speakers.

so I am not sure if it's something I did wrong, Please let me know if you experience it before, and the solution to solve it.

also, is it necessary to use the PAC oem-2 converter in between the harness in order for the cd player to work for my car??

If you have an active system, does that mean there is an amplifier? If so you may have connected the power antenna wire (normally blue) to the remote turn on for the amplifier (normally blue as well!). In which case the powered antenna signal will power the amp when listening to the radio, but turn off when you select the CD player.

I've seen this happen before with aftermarket amplififed system.

kongo127, to be fair, if I had left the Microwave oven open, he would get in it! He gets in the tumble dryer too!!

Sorry[schild=1 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Off Topic ![/schild]