Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Lean A/F.

Right lads,does any 1 know why my G-charged 2.0 16valver keeps running lean??,i've changed the blue TS,air filter(K&N panel) is new and oiled,plugs are fine,throttle switches both work,timing is 6/7 degrees BTDC,ECU hose is exactly 1 meter long and O/E type,pulley on charger is O/E,lambda signal is fine,sweeps at idle/cruise but as soon as the engine gets even a hint of acceleration the leds on the meter dissapear into lean limbo,whats left?,i'm loosing my rag because i've got a theoreticly quick car that in reality won't overtake a fiat 500...,O/E chip in ECU,i can't belive that adding a super charger to a standard 2.0 9A engine would give so many problems,if i can't sort it i'm binning the charger and putting back my T3/4 turbo.

The car as it stands has F@#K all acceleration,a standard uno turbo would pi$$ all over it.

get sns to burn you a chip, the 16v head will use the boost morereadily than an 8v so the engine will need more fuel for less boost than the 8v did so to speak, basically you need a rechip,,

What was the chip you have made for?

Mate if your chip was for a non force induced car and you are using it with your supercharger then you could do some real damage to your engine!

I don't want to sound a wizeazz but i wrote the details of my engine at least 3 times,here goes again,original 9A 2.0 16v engine,and i mean original,all of it exept a 1.8 'KR' inlet camshaft,comp. ratio is 10.5/1 pretty high i know but seeing as the G-charger can't produce more that 0.2 bar pressure on my boost gauge,momentarerly,that's not a problem,also because i've fitted a van intercooler(big).

Plugs are ngk bke7s which ran fine on my old turboed 8v corrado,exhaust is all factory spec bar a hollowed out CAT,G60 pulley is stock 78?mm unit,ECU is the car's O/E digifant G60 unit with stock eeprom.

Start engine,run up to operating temp,boot it in any gear and the car hits a solid wall,A/F narrow band goes full lean and the leds somtime dissappear

althogther...,only when i open manually the full throttle switch after opening the idle switch will the green lights light up,with the car stationary,otherwise the gauge works perfectly,cycling at idle/criuse etc.

The injectors are G60 Bosch O/E green tops.

After building loads of 8v/16v turbo motors,fitting 16 valve heads on 'PG' blocks,turbo and super charging a "PG" engine,unless i'm drunk i'm NOT going to fit a NA chip into a turbocharged/supercharged engine..

As always any hints are most welcom.

It sounds to me like the compression ratio is to high. The knock sensor will be telling the ecu to back everything off which is why the a/f meter is going off the scale.

I had a similar problem a few years ago when i was running a 2l tall block and g60 head on standard compression. I then stacked up 2 head gaskets and it solved it.

See how it runs if you drop off the boost pipe and run without the supercharger.

Nice 1 G60JAY,i'll do that tomorow,can you give me some details about your engine?,you must be the only person in Australia to have done a G60.16v.

Hi Veedubbed

Yes. There are not many 16vg60 here. In fact there are not may g60 at all.

Here's a few things on my engine!

Mk3 golf 2l16v abf block

Wiseco 83mm forged pistons 9-1 compression ratio

4340 pauter rods

Lightened flywheel

Balanced crank,flywheel,clutch etc

Reconditioned mk2 golf kr cylinder head

Hiflow custom exhaust downpipes and system

Raceware headstud kit

Raceware main bearing kit

Eip fuel rail

Rc 370 injectors