Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Hi there, I'm making a claim against my work so should be coming into some money in the next few months, and decided balls to the insurance (I have a couple of accidents on my history, one my fault, one not) I'm gonna get a quick car again, so I'ce decided on a G60. Now I've read the buyers guide, and had a trawl through the For Sale section and Auto Trader, and reckon I can pick up an average one for 2-2.5k? I don't mind if the bodywork is a bit doggy, or if it needs some work, as I can do some stuff myself, it's always nicer to do stuff to your own car too, rather than buy a minter, I think.

There's a few things I wanted to know too - the "later spec" interior that a G60 never came with - does that include the bucket-style rear seats? I like them, theyre cool.

Spoiler/Sunroof motors - these sound like a common problem, and I'm guessing uber-pricey, do I not touch anything with either of those problems?

How well does a standard Corrado handle (I know this is a Corrado site tho so may get a bit of a biased answer!)? Ideally I'd want to buy one lowered/with coilies (ambitious for my budget) but if the right car comes up with std suspension then I'll get that.

How much extra will I pay on a left hooker for insurance? Anyone got one? Are they much of a pain in the ass?

I think that's it for now, long post for a newbie but hey!

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions :wink: :D

Welcome to the forum!

The G60 comes with the same middle hump as the VR on the rear seats, It's just the cloth that is different...

Spoiler's rarely go wrong, it's a myth, the sunroofs do but it's not critical...

Standard C's handle very well but you have to appreciate that if you buy an unmodified one now then the suspension is likely to be shot...

I'd say either pick up one for 2500 and budget the cash for charger rebuilds/suspension etc or pay around the 4k mark and get one that has already been modifed, just depends entirly on what you are looking for and what is out there.... Good luck with you search!

You should be able to get a G60 pushing 200bhp for that kind of money, just make sure it's been serviced properly, and like was said, budget for new suspension/brakes if it has been uprated, my VR handles well but it would handle much better if it had new suspension as it's done 141k, and the brakes ain't too sharp as standard! :wink: