Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

My dimmer switch controls my blower fan! UPDATE!

When ive had the engine running, then turn the car off and take the keys out, and i put my side lights on, then use the dimmer switch, it dims the dash lights but also my actual blower fan, like if the dim is on low, the blower wont be on, as soon as i turn the dimmer switch the blower works.

Also before ive started the car and i turn the dimmer switch without headlights on it dims the ring around the headlight switch!

Ive been thinking it might be something to do with my alarm, as its when the car is started or imboliser is on or off etc?

Can anyone help?

Neil

i had a polo before the rado and if i put the blower on full with the headlights on without the key in the ignition nothing much would happen apart from the lights been on, but if i put full beem on the blowers come on. i tried it with the rado and it too does it. does anyone elses? sorry if we are going off topic.

It's only that some alarm systems are fitted very badly (mine was!) and can affect many, many things. Mine had a full monty Clifford fitted by the previous owner, and yes it has taken the car over completely, it does what it likes, when it likes!

Behind my dash it looks like a fecking network install, wires and boxes everywhere. Trouble is it would cost more to have it removed than have a new one fitted :lol:

I seem to remember in my polo, if I held the main beams with the ignition off - the fan worked. :scratch:

i have same problem when lights on with no key if you pull full beam fan comes on t bought new ind arm from vw it did the same again , elec mate looked at it and said that the leads about 6 in a row from the colom had a live circut IE it was running power to that erea could not understand why.

Ive found something else out, if i have the side lights on, without keys in, and the dimmer switch controls the light ring on the siwtch, if i then press(wobble) in the control on the heater blower, this then makes the dash lights come on which i can then dim with the dimmer switch, so its obviously a lose connection behind the heater blower control!