Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

Who Hasnt Had A G-Lader Blow Up On Them?

OOPs sorry that may have been steve at pitstop not sure (same place nearly), but I think you catch my drift, that it was more to do with the chargers rather than the workmanship!!!!!

right then off to fit my WI kit.... hooray, (NOw where so I find lots of methanol) ;-)

nice one... methonal is goood

I also wish people would not run induction kits as they let to much crap through.

oh right so induction kits are bad new then are they?

how about a drop in panel filter? does this cause the same problems as say an open cone kit? what about removing the snorkel off the filter box, does this cause any adverse effects?

am i best to stick to the standard panel filter?

im pretty sure that my last one blew through prolonged ingestion of fine sandy particles fro living in desert climates and i dont want this happening again :?

cheers,

Alex

Just though I`d register to post a comment, I bought a less than 10k miles old Jabba stage 4 last year for my conversion (16vG60 golf), and from the word go the thing leaked oil past the mainshaft seals into the exhaust/intake. A few weeks (2k miles on my engine) ago it started making a nast intermittent metalic knocking noise so I removed it and had a quick look inside, the apex seals were about 8mm too short!

I sent it off to G-werks and had a std rebuild, luckily I caught it in time, fitted it a few days ago and it sounds a million times better (thanks Darren :thumbleft: ), got the stock pulley on and I`m running it in but I`ve got no concerns over it now, if you get the G rebuilt by a reputable company who actually care about the job you`ll have no problems..

From looking inside the Jabba charger it looked like they used whatever bearings/seals they had to hand :( .

Had my g60 for 8 years and I've never had any problems (touch wood)

PS use a K&N replacement panel filter