Sign in to follow this  
veritas137

adjusting the rear brake valve on a lowered car

So we have that weird brake valve that reduces braking pressure to the rear wheels when the suspension is upset and the back end of the car is in the air.

I had read somewhere about adjusting this on lowered cars to compensate for the difference. It was in the middle of the adjustment and I noticed when playing with it, that with the suspension extended, it made no difference with the valve so I moved the adjuster to the far end of it's adjustment so it would.

Anyone done this before? Did I do something wrong?

Look at this thread:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

This axtract is relevant. All down to pressure differences and weight to get the front / rear balance right.

"Watch the Bentley, its the Teves 02 system. Different, principle is the same but illustrations are different due to design diferences.

Full tank of petrol, spare wheel on board and jack (Weight in vehicle).

Make sure brakes are fully bled of air. Bouce the car a few times.

Pressure gauges on calipers.

Apply brake pedal to measure 50 bar on front caliper gauge, back should be 27 - 33 bar.

Again but front to 100 bar, back should be 48 to 54 bar.

2 gauges, one circuit at a time. ie. front right/rear left, front left, rear right, order not important but good balance between sides is. It won't balance for the axle, then look at rubber brake hoses, may have internal collapse walls, usually spottable on visual due to bulges or sweating brake fluid on surface.

Adjust the pressure regulator to get these figures. Measuring a mechanical datum won't get these figures as it's pressure balance that matters and you don't know what your mechanical datum is in the first instance."