Sign in to follow this  
Blown

VAG Dealer rip-off

So,went to the dealers last week to buy an exhaust manifold gasket,thinking"yeah its a fairly well used part over a range of models,they should have it in stock",but noo...it was a case of "sorry mate haven't got it.I'll order one today,but being friday,can't order it till monday,but we're closed so it'll have to be tue.."anyway you get the idea.

So it arrived today,and only expecting a small gasket to be 3-4 quid,I went up there,tenner in hand,and picked it up.

Now at my dealers,tou pick up the part from the parts desk but have to go to an office to pay for it,only for the assistant to rip the invoice off the printer and ask me for....wait for it.....£11.55!!!!! :shock: :shock:

£11.55 FOR A SMALL PIECE OF PRESSED CARDBOARD. :crazyeyes: :pukeright:

VAG you should be ashamed!!!!! :oops:

Wait until you have to buy a cooling hose or head gasket then...

Seriously though, you can always consider checking the prices for VR6 parts at your local Ford dealership (The Galaxy V6 uses the AAA lump) as a lot of the bits are a lot cheaper in there

HTH,

John

I was pleasantly surprised to the point of asking if they'd made a mistake (cue the adverts plastered all over the walls) A hose from the top of the radiator to the block was £6 + VAT. Not too bad.... 8)