Sign in to follow this  
Rick_ford55

Seal around the window

What would you guys recommend for this problem? The seal around my passenger wind is slowly coming undone outside the car although the glue is coming apart what would you recommend to stick it back down dont want to have to put it into a body shop as its mega bucks hard enough just to keep the thing on the road! And i'm looking for door pins that i used to have on my Mark 2 golf they were silver like the wolfsburg jobbies but had a little light on the top that went red when locked and then green when open anyone know where to get my hands on some?

Rick_ford55, which seal is it? the lower one (the weatherstip) is about £40 from GPC but the one that goes round the window and is part of the door is about £150!

Don't get Wolfsburg pins dude cos te Corrado was made by Karrman not VW!

I've got the seals,inner,outer,frame 1,door 1...,you can remove the frame seal but it's a bugger to re-fit properly,spray contact glue(3M) is a good product when re-assembleing,go slowly and with patience you'll be able to do it.

Thanks guys it's only the bottom bit that comes off when i open and close the window, i'll try some of the that glue, know where i can get my hands on some?