Sign in to follow this  
endor71

Corrado to Golf Rear Bench

Hi,

A question for those with experience in golfs as well as corrados.

Just bought a Golf mk2 as a runabout and decided to put my old Corrado interior into it. Front seats fit fine same fitment etc. Have seen this in a few Golfs but not sure how to affix the rear Corrado seat into the golf i assume extending thebolt that the seat catch goes into is one thing to do. Is there an online guide ?

I think I remember seeimg a guide with pics on mateymatey.com

Yup, that's where I got the info for fitting my old dead (RIP :cry: ) C's interior into my Golf MKI... I've taken their info and some info on how to fit MKII into MKI and made a corrado -> MKI golf instruction list... I've not completed it yet, so it probably will need some alterations, but I'll post it when I get around to doing it... 8)

After looking at a few and more importantly checking insurance quotes :shock: I went for a 8v gti 5door (for practicality) F reg with big bumpers alloys etc might post up a picture at some point. Needs only a few cosmetic bits and pieces. Bodywork good (usual rusty spots) . In need of the proper interior though ! I am putting my old Corrado one in there because it is better than the tweedy CL type interior put in there by previous owner. I seriously need new door cards etc (Black or leather) or possibly all seats etc out of 16v Golf. The main thing is that the car runs very nice not sure on top speed as speedo stops at 120 and needle bends (end of clock).

The only thing that sticks in my mind about the rear bench into a Golf conversion is that you have to hack a lot of the foam and other gubbins out of the bench to get it to fit.

The only thing that sticks in my mind about the rear bench into a Golf conversion is that you have to hack a lot of the foam and other gubbins out of the bench to get it to fit.

You don't have to hack any foam out? If anything, the Corrado seat is narrower than the Golf's............I have one in my Mk2.

I made up a bracket to bolt the base of the Corrado backrest, and this is bolted to where the lapbelt (not required due to rear armrest) goes.

Matey-matey is a good guide.

HTH

:wink:

Hmm - stand corrected then.

Maybe I was thinking about Corrado bench into a mk1 Golf....