Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

crankshaft aux and water pump pulley removal

just got a new cambelt, tensioner and tappets which i need to get done before i drive down to ed38 on friday.

i have removed the 4 allen bolts that hold the outer two pulleys onto the crank but they dont seem to want to come off in a hurry, how the heck does it come off? or am i not swearing at it enough? :lol:

give it a tap side to side with a rubber mallet.. it will proberly have some built up corrosion around it but it will budge...with a tap

cheers so is it just a face to face mounting then? i didnt know if i needed a puller or something

ah well i will just have to get the scousers screwdriver out :lol:

hmm i tried battering the crap out of it with a rubber mallet and it didnt want to shift at all so i borrowed a pulley puller from a neighbour which did the trick but it was surprisingly well stuck on.

the cambelt didnt look too healthy when i got it off, it was very shiney and covered in fine cracks and according to the service history it should have another 20k left in it :shock:

any ideas what torque settings i will need for the bottom pulley bolts, the water pump pulley bolts, the tensioner, and the camshaft caps?

i seem to remember 15lbft for the camshaft caps but i cant remember the tightening sequence either :wink:

coolrado, get hold of a Golf haynes manual... the torques are the same as in there and it has the tightening sequence for cam caps and head bolts too... 8)

i have actually got one but i let a friend borrow it and he is in eurodisney at the moment :roll:

so they are all the same as an 8v gti ?

i know a site which has them all listed for a golf so i will check that cheers