Sign in to follow this  
stoner

Stereo/Spoiler problem!

Since I had a new stereo fitted, my spoiler has stopped raising at 40mph. It still works OK manually. I'm convinced that fitting the stereo has caused the problem - can anyone shed any light?

Andy.

Just read a few other threads on this, they mention that a wire may have to be disconnected. Which wire though??

Damnation! I've pulled the blue / white wire, but it hasn't cured the problem. what should I try next? Is there a fuse anywhere? The spoiler works OK in manual.

Correct me if I am wrong but there is a speed input to the spoiler controller. The controller is just above the switch I think. Would need to check the wiring diagrams to work out the wire in q. Make sure nothing got disconnected under the dash.

I know thats a bit of sweeping statement. Does the speedo still work? and the miles count up. Digital mileage or rotating counters?

Gavin

The MPG, miles and average MPh isn't working on the trip computer. I have a manual odometer and that is fine, so it deffo looks like an issue with the speed sensor. Anyone know where it is exactly, and how I can test it?

With the ignition on but the car not running I get ~ 7V on the blue/white wire that used to go into the stereo. That's all I've got to help sorry

SKye

Ign on engine off. Press and hold the end of the mfa stalk while turning off ign and turning it back on. Go for a drive and keep pressing the mfa button, in both 1 and 2. Eventually, you should find one that is counting up rapidly. If you don't the speed sensor must be totalled. Have a look on the American Corrado club there is a better write up on there about it.

Gavin