Sign in to follow this  
andybtsn

Newbie! Seeking advice...

Hiya,

Firstly hello to you all, I've been into VW's for 3 years now, mostly Polo's. Currently selling my Polo G40, you may have seen it, wide Gold BBS, although had black teledials on at ED38.

I'm selling the car and hopefully with any luck going to buy a Rado 2.0 16v...

The car I'm looking into has no doubt been seen on this forum as it looks like a show car without doubt, a lovely machine.

The car has had a 'Brian Rickets Motorsport ported and flowed KR head' and is supposed to be pushing out 180bhp odd.

I've noticed people seem to not class the 2.0 16v as a 'fast' car, which suprises me, what should of spec should this car have, 0-60mph times etc?

When buying such a car should there be things i should look out for?

Also what are the electric packs that come with the 2.0 16v...?

Many thanks for any help you can give!

Andy

I would of thought if you are going from a Polo G40 to a 2.0Ltr 16V You'll be disappointed. The Corrado i s a much heavier car that the Polo and the G40 is a very quick and aggressive drive from what I can gather. Really I'd be looking for a G60 or a VR6 for that sort of move.

I would also imagine you would need much more than a ported and flowed head to get from standard 130'ish break (I may be out a little here!) to 180 bhp.

G60's start standard at 160bhp and are very tunable at easy cost and the VR standard around 190bhp but more expensive to tune for teh pound! Best off reading various guides and posts on here!