Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Clutch sticking

Can anyone help? I've decided to swap my bike in favour of a car.....and the Corrado is the only the i really want.

I've pretty much found the one i want, and am waiting to confirm a deal. But the one thing that i'm worried about is a problem with the clutch. It may only be a small thing, but apparently, every now and again the clutch pedal sticks. The guy reckons it could just be a spring that needs replacing, however, he has not had this done, so i'd like to find out more before i commit myself, as i've spent a lot of money on the bike.

Any idea's? and if anyone is interested in parting with the Corrado and having a bike, drop me a line.

Welcome to The Forum...

To be honest, it's more likely to be either the clutch pedal catching on the back of the lower dash tray, or on either the carpet or an aftermarket mat than something on the hydraulic clutch system...

It could possibly be that the clutch pedal needs some grease on its pivot shaft too I suppose, but that shouldn't cause it to stick.

Thanks for that info.

I'm hoping to go and check it all out. hopefully my mechanic will be able to come and have a look, but with those points in mind i have a starting block.

The only other bit thats bad is the motor in the driver side electric window, but i imagine that will probably only be about £50 or around about.

Good point....why didn't i think of that.

If i end up getting it, it shouldn't be a bad buy. The spoiler still works, bodywork is mint (and even the red paint has faded yet), interior is very tidy. Apparently it used to be a show car.