Sign in to follow this  
cubed

resetting wings?

next step for the valver is to sort out the nose! not very happy with the panel fit! seems the fronts had a little superficial damage in the past as all chassis legs etc are untouched.

however there are what i consider to be too bigger gaps between the wings and lights! more on o/s than n/s

i recon they just need resetting, but im apprehensive about taking the rachet to them!!

anyone got experience of it?? again any advice appreciated!! cheers! :wink:

Size of the headlight unit's doesn't change. It's the angle of slope of the glass that changes causing a recessed of proud effect. 3 slope gradients in all. The gap should be constant, as viewed at headlight level, horizontally into the front wing/vertical short side.

What does the gap measure? And which two points are you using? Wing edge to start of glass edge as a suggestion.

tried my best with these but its picking up the inner edge of the lamp surround, just imagine it from a little distance. my camera doesnt show it too well from further out, as you can see the o/s a little bigger and seems to flare at the bottom? any ideas or am i being picky?

only seems further out at the bottom, check the bodybolt between the bottom front of the wing and the slam panel is actually there, mine was missing and giving the same effect

Check you have matching headlights first off (ie not one early and one late)

They are matching headlights off an early car as they are my old ones!!

yeah they match! as above they came as a pair from blue joe

personally i think its the wings that dont match!!!(sounds daft even to me!)

just fit my coilovers today(which have made a massive difference to ride quality!)however the n/s wheel still scrubs the top of the arch whereas the o/s has a clear gap!!

its all very confusing! dont know if its a later wing? a vr one?(but surley id notice that sooner!)

flummoxed is not the word!!

set the coilys just the same with verniers too,but this is my first set and have no experience of em!