Sign in to follow this  
stingman123

Sigma Full Closure

Help,

Disconnected my batter at the weekend to do some work and now my Sigma alarm is not working.

Checked all fuses, switched system off and on again, central locking works with keys (full closure system).

When I reset the system the alarm triggers and makes a racket, howerver my fob is not de-activating or locking up the car

Any ideas????

I know it sounds a bit like re-booting a computer and you've probably already tried it but try disconnecting and re-connecting again. I had a similar problem with my Sigma and this reset the thing better second time.

Yeah, disconnect and reconnect the battery again. Make sure the bonnet switch is being actuated by the bonnet being closed. Thats a favourite for triggering the alarm when not wanted.

Gavin

No luck,

Reset the box, checked the bonnet switch, reconnected the battery and the box beeped, opened a door and alarm activated, pressed button.....nothing

help!

Which series sigma alarm is it? SG1 / SG2 / SG3?

SG1's have a key to manually switch them off

SG2's have a keypad with flush buttons to program / over ride

SG3's have a similar keypad but with raised rubber type individual butons.

I've had all 3 at one stage or another :lol: but back to the point, a friend of mine installs them and I may be able to find out how to reset it if I know which series it is :wink:

Sounds to me like its in "super lock" mode where the keypad will not unlock it and you need to enter your pin number, try that if you can remember it, thats assuming its an SG2 or SG3.

Well off the top of my head the alarm may have been put into programing mode, which can happen if the ignition is switched on when the battery is reconnected (I think thats how it worked) long and the short of it is that if the alarm went into programing mode it will have forgotten the code of your remote/s so they will not disarm it.

The keyfobs can be re-learned but I don't know the sequence to do so, I can see if I can get a sigma progrmaing sheet for it but I'm not sure if I could, something similar happened to mine & I was going to have to get new remotes but it made more sense to ditch it and get a new alarm.