Sign in to follow this  
markp

supersprint exhaust centre section

Hi,

I'm going to get a supersprint system and have been trying to decide what to do about the centre section. Supersprint have 2 options, either a centre box or a straight pipe. I know that just having the pipe will make it sound louder but what I want to know is if there is any difference in performance? If the pipe allows better flow then I don't mind the extra noise.

The centre pipe is also £100 cheaper so if there is no difference in performance I would prefer to get this.

Let me know your thoughts!

In any of Supersprints systems, you can afford to lose ONE box. I had a system on my MK1 with only a back box, I used to do nearly 20K a year in it no problems.

On my MK3 16V I had just the 2 rear most boxes and the sound is subtle. You just have a piece of plain pipe from the Cat into the silencer in front of the axle.

I doubt you would see any power increase, by having the link pipe over the silencer. You would have 100 quid to spend on petrol instead.

BTW what engine do you have?

Gavin

i had that fisrt link pipe on a golf...slightly more noisey on motorway trips, but no power differance that youd notice, as i changed back to a silencer when it rotted