Sign in to follow this  
JT

new wishbones nice :)

ok so got the top mounts done yestarday, to cure a creaky noise from what seemed to be the drivers side top mount, turned out they needed doing but still have this really anoying sort of creak/squeek when i pull away, it's only when i pull away but it has new wishbones, coilovers, wishbones, arb droplinks, new bushes anyone got any ideas cos it's one of those things thats drivin me crazy....

ok so i need to replace my wishbones bushes, so i'm just gonna replace the lot. obviously with closer inspection new w/bones but NOT new bushes!!!!!!!!

been onto gsf and ordered

both lower arms

new ball joints

bush fitting kit- want to keep the bushes oe as would like to keep some comfort

new pinch bolts

can anyone think of anything else ?? and does the camber/tracking need doing once the new bits are on....

any help on this as always much apprecitated.

not my local vag they want 55 + vat each for just the wishbones.

gsf want 13.75 + vat for each wishbone

11.50 for each bush fitting kit

i've also ordered new ball joints and got the new pinch bolts, i also know the guy down there and he is gonna sort me out, which is nice of him.

it's gonna go in the garage for the work but i was'nt sure if the tracking and camber would need doing??

well got onto vwspares.com and they can do the lot

wishbones incl bushes

bj plus bolts and the plate that goes on top

and new buses for the drop links

delivered for 65 incl vat :D so if gsf work out more tomorrow i'll be ordering from them.

bit of a long shot but anyone want my old wishbones the bushes are knackered but the w/bones are all as they should be, might be usefull to someone, let me know.....

Tracking and camber will need checking if not adjusting. Anytime you mess with the front suspension you should get it done.

Gavin

well all done, new wishbones,bushes,ball joints, fitted, trcking/camber checked and adjusted all for a 150 quid, i'm happy with that, and what a difference no squeeking or clunking and nice n tight all ready for the 27th :D