Sign in to follow this  
sharlie1982

Headlights????

Since purchasing my G60 4 months ago, I have been baffled by the fact that the car has had a wiring mod to improve the headlight brightness, but now means that I have no mainbeam!!!? :o

I have to drive with the main beam on all the time, and due to this, have needed to angle the lights to suit the dipped spec, as not to dazzle drivers.

Is this normal for the mod, or do I have a wiring fault.

Anyone????

sharlie1982, corrado`s have notoriously bad headlights due to a shallow reflector or something!!

an uprated loom like you have (or that Gav H100VW sells) is almost neccessary!

you shouldn`t have to do anything to your angle of your dangle, possibly a fuse has gone in the loom (if its one of gav`s it`ll have 2 relays and 2 fuses) check these and if your not sure then PM H100VW or post a pic, it`ll be easliy sorted with the friendly bunch that is the corrado forum :lol:

ben

As far as I remember with an uprated loom you have to disconnect the dim dip resistor for the lights to work correctly, the dim dip resistor is located on the passenger side of the engine bay (RHD car) beside the inner wing behind the headlight.

As far as I remember with an uprated loom you have to disconnect the dim dip resistor for the lights to work correctly, the dim dip resistor is located on the passenger side of the engine bay (RHD car) beside the inner wing behind the headlight.

Yep, or you can unplug it at the fusebox end (yellow wire seperate from the rest of the loom)

sharlie1982, so you have no dipped beam???

Check the fuses on the loom (should be near the battery) - even if they look ok you may want to re-seat them as they corrode under there, also tell us if ou have the 2 relay setup or not...

fuses , relay or relays depending on how good the loom build was , gav uses 2 relays but some only use one

either follow the wires from the headlight or ask someone to switch the lights on while you stand near the battery and listen for a relay click