Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

16v Injector Seats / Inserts

Urgent help needed please at bottom of page :D

Hi all :D

I need to get some new Injector inserts for my 1.8 16v. I think they are called injector inserts :oops: they are the copper and brown plastic parts that sit in the inlet manifold and hold the injectors in

Can someone please let me know what the part number is for them and if possible what they cost :D

Thanks

Also :lol: It looks like the old ones unscrew using a 13mm allen key :roll: Is that right cos I had a look in Halfords today and they only go up to 10mm (Same as my set here) Am i missing out on something :lol:

I assumed that these were one part that I needed to get from VAG but there seems to be two part numbers :roll: Do I order both :D

cant seem to make your pic work.....yes its a 13mm allen key, you wont need the brass bit

you need for of the brown plastic inserts and a o ring/seal for each of them

i did mine a few weeks back...i reckon it was about £10-13 for 4x inserts and seals

Does these pics work ??

ETKA4.jpg

Etka5.jpg

So can someone please confirm that these are the right part numbers for what I need :D

From what my brain allows me to make sense of :lol: I need -

15 = Seal

13 = Plastic insert

Would everyone agree with that?? The copper inserts are all fine so ill reuse them :wink:

looks right to me, done these before you need to be careful when putting the injectors back in as they will be tight fit with the new seals and you don't want to push them in too much and break the new inserts.

Ive just come back from VW and they have the inserts but have to order the new seals :lol: Should be here tomorrow. I also managed to find a 13mm allen key socket thing :lol: from my local auto shop. So I just have to wait for VW to sort themselves out :roll:

Ive just picked up the parts from the dealers and im really not sure about this :lol: From the pic on etka it looks like the seal goes into the manifold followed by the inj insert but the seal is to small and will just fall down into the head :roll: Am i looking at this completely wrong as Ive never changed these on a car before :oops:

The seals that Ive got have the right part number on the bag (Which was sealed) but knowing VW I might have the wrong parts :lol: Can anybody enlighten me :D

They look right to me.. I need some for my 50mm inlet... not had anytime to get some replacments.. the above the correct parts numbers as I need to order some when I get time.. If I ever get time!

They look right to me.. I need some for my 50mm inlet... not had anytime to get some replacments.. the above the correct parts numbers as I need to order some when I get time.. If I ever get time!

Im not sure where they go though :lol: If I put the seal into the manifold it will just fall into the head :(

That seal goes on the injector to seal it into the brown socket, your seals will probably look like part of the injector being so old, clean them up and you should see them at the top of the injector near the conection nut.

That seal goes on the injector to seal it into the brown socket, your seals will probably look like part of the injector being so old, clean them up and you should see them at the top of the injector near the conection nut.

:lol: I was just coming on here to say that I think that they go on the injectors. Thanks Chris