Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

lupo wipers running slow

Has anyone experienced this with the lupo wipers? I was testing them out at the weekend and they wipe the screen very well but they are well slow, even on the fastest setting they just about move an average pace.

I have an early valver so im thinking the wiper motor might be on its last legs, Im pretty sure the old wiper blades moved almost twice as fast as these ones with the same motor tho.

Does anyone know if the newer Passat/golf iv/bora wiper motors will fit or am I better off looking for a late VR motor?

Baz, your car has not been used in a while.

That is most probably the problem, it seems it is only working on the slow speed but if it gets used a bit it will normally recover, my car was like that i had one speed wipers(damn slow) and now its fine after some use

It could be the case, there is a new battery in it tho and I had the engine running each time I tested it.

I didn’t get much progress on my spongy brakes after using the easy bleed. They improved a bit but there is still a good 1-2 inch travel on the pedal when the servo kicks in. I went looking for bleed nipples on the press regulator + servo but couldn’t find anywhere else to bleed from.