Sign in to follow this  
64 SPLIT

Where should this hose go?!

Spotted this vac hose on my '91 1.8 16V that's t-pieced off the tube to the left of the inlet manifold.

The main section of tube goes down to the airbox and up across behind the engine where it splits off and one section goes to the ECU.

The offending bit of tube is t-pieced off the red connector in the photo and is only about 6inches long. I can't see any obvious place for it to connect to, and although there is a definite suction when the engine is running it doesn't seem to alter the engines RPM etc. when its blocked or unblocked.

Anyone able to help?!

anyone able to help? I'm concerned that this is causing the ECU to receive the wrong info and making the car kangaroo as a result :? :(

will check tonight mate think one side goes under the inlet rubber that is attached to the throttle body.

It connects underneath the black inlet manifold just before it gets to the throttle body!!!

There should already be a vacuum line attached in there......that loose one attaches in right beside it :wink: