Sign in to follow this  
emax

Spare Blue Igniter anyone?

My VR started firing on 5 cylinders last week. I had a good check around under the bonnet and discovered that the #1 lead had been trapped by the earthing bracket that's on my Schrick.

The insulation was damaged and the lead was shorting to ground.

I've carried out a temporary repair with insulation tape but I'm looking to replace the lead.

AFAIK, Blue Igniters can only be bought as a complete set. Does anyone have a spare Blue Igniter lead for #1 (or I guess #4) that they'd be willing to sell?

If so, how much??

Failing that, I'll just order up another standard lead from VW.

Much appreciate any help you can give.

They are lifetime warranty, I had one break also and sent them back to C&R for replacement (I assume thats where they came from as they are the only importer)

Thanks Supercharged, do you think they'd take it back even if the breakage was due to misuse? As the lead was trapped and physically damaged, I'm wondering if the warranty would cover it...

I guess it might be worth a try but my car could be out of action for quite a while if I sent the lead back and waited for them to decide as they're in the US.... unless someone in central Scotland has a spare lead they'd lend me in the meantime in exchange for a couple of beers ??? ;-)

Thanks for your help Supercharged, I sent them some pics and, although the damage isn't covered by the guarantee, they are willing to supply an individual lead for £14 (incl VAT) + £3.50 postage.

Thanks for your help ;-)