Sign in to follow this  
JT

so had the chip and pulley done....

i am thinking of having my G60 chipped and pulleyed with darren, but just wondered if it makes a huge difference to the overall mpg, mainly on the motorway really, anyone had one before and after,

cheers josh :D

Not a big difference at all - actually if any.

PS. I'm soon to be selling my SNS Stage 5.5 Chip as about to have a custom remap!

I've not got before and after experience but as long as you keep it off boost, i can't see there being much difference. So if you haven't got a boost guage get one.

I can cruse at 70/80 with it off boost and get about 32mpg iirc, with a 68mm, s4 n chip.

crusing at 60 though i've had nearly 40mpg i think, its been a while since i did any long motorway miles

cheers, think i am gonna have to invest in a boost guage, i just don't want one that goes on top of the dash or the pillar by the windscreen :!:

Blue joe- well just got off the phone to darren and it's booked in for monday as long as everything is the way it should be.... so if it does'nt happen will deffo keep you in mind, looking forward to seeing your car at stealth on the 27th by the way, and cheers.

so took my car down to darren on monday and had the chip and pulley done :D :shock: :D

what a really nice guy and what a different car to drive, i really liked it as it was before, but now i just can't stop smilling, why did'nt they leave vw like it !!!!

anyway really happy and am looking forward to stealth on the 27th :D

JT-G60, As has been said the "steady cruising" mpg will have little or no difference. The difference will be that your driving style is likely to alter slightly. You'll want to use the extra power, drive the car a little harder than you used to. It's this change in driving style that will increase you fuel usage.

FYI - overall, I now average around 18-20mpg . :shock: (even though the MFA still says around 28mpg)

stevemac... 18-20 mpg thats good going :D for my 160 mile round trip to work it has'nt cost me more than 20 quid and that is'nt being too generous.... just ask the jag driver who got a licking... but he deffinately asked for it :lol: your right tho my style has changed i find myself looking in the rear view mirror a lot more........