Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Any Problems in using this cam?

I recently purchased a Piper 270H camshaft from a guy i know, now accordnig to him it was a G60 1.8 camshaft and he had it fitted to his and said it worked well, anyway, after looking at the specs he gave and then looking at the specs on the piper website i noticed that the full lift of lobe one should be 114 degrees but according to him the camshaft i now have has a full lift of 108 degrees? which corresponds to the info given for an 8v Golf Gti?? would this be a major problem? or am i looking at this wrong? do i have to add 6 degrees onto it for timing purposes? ( making it 114 Degress ) ??? 8)

I'm using the same cam. So far as I'm aware it's advanced approx 10 degrees & runs very nicely :shock:

Although it's called a 270 degree cam, it's actually only about 264 degrees - check the Piper website for specs. They have the cam listed for the Golf G60 - same cam as Corrado.

Ignition timing remains the same at 6 degrees advance (+/- 1 degree)

Daz at G-werks set it up for me - he'll know the amount of camshaft advance that I'm running.

Well i was going to set it up to my standards 8) then get daz to sort it out when i ve got it all together at least then i can be sure its timed correctly by someone who knows what they are doing! :)