Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Do I really have that many motoring books....

.... sorting out the loft in advance of the house move today and unearthed:

398 motoring / motorsport books, 246 of them being Alfa Romeo

328 Alfa Romeo models - mainly 1/43

In excess of 2,000 Alfa brochures and Press Packs

Seems a shame to move house and stick them back in the loft but already have over 100 motoring books on the bookcases

Only ever had two Alfa's - a 1.5 Sud that was a fabulous drive but I could hear it disintegrating around me and then a 155 2.0 with the Sport Pack, red with the black speedlines that was a superb drive - only had it for 3 months and then lost my bottle and sold it before it broke

Have been seriously tempted by 166's recently though

WOW! Know what you mean about Alfa's I'm tempted to get one of those 3.0V6 GTV thingy's, but I would probably bottle it and get a TT instead! LOL

Working with Audi dealers as I do they are forever complaining about the TT's - general view is that they are the worst made and most unreliable Audi of the last 25 years - I'd but the GTV and the money I'd have saved will help pay for the greater depreciation and servicing costs. I also wouldn't feel a tit driving a GTV like I would with a TT

Yea, I have also heard a few horror stories about the TT, I do really like the interior tho, and a remapped 225 would be pretty quick too.

I have driven one of the German market only TT's that were ABT tweaked and sold through the dealer network - think they were pushing out about 265-270BHP but still as dull as ditchwater.

After looking at the S3's they are very tempting too, really nice interior and seem to be going for a fair price on ebay. But the gtv's are much cheaper, and look prettier. If it wasn't for the S3's being so tuneable I would defo get the Alfa I think.

Love to mate the Corrado shape to that superb 3.0 24 V6 Alfa engine and then for good measure stick a supercharger on it courtesy of Autodelta - that would get me the perfect coupe

If a TVR interior can be made to fit a Rado I'm sure an Alfa V6 would be feasible - like most things I suppose it depends how much time is available and how deep the pockets are