Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

Central locking problems

At the weekend my G60 started playing up a bit, I think its a feature of the alarm that has somehow been switched on but I'm not sure.

When I start the engine now the doors lock, the central locking pump runs for a while then stops for a few seconds, runs again then shuts off till the engine is stopped at which point it opens the doors again.

The other change is that when it was armed it used to beep 3 times, now its only 1 for arm and two for disarm, the only change there was I replaced the interior light bulb, which brings another question, it does not switch off when the doors are closed no matter which position the switch is in, anyone know what is going on there?

the toad alarms are anit jack so when your car is running the car will lock and when you turn the engine off it will unlock this is standard on toad alarms

also your alarm only beeping once is correct and if it beeps more than once it means there is not something closed or interior light has been turned off as it relies on interior light for the alarm to work in a way

only know this as i did use to fit toad alarms hope that helps