Sign in to follow this  
DanA

VW Service

Just had my car in at VW for a 60k service - Cost £176 :o For what was basically just an oil change (have a BMC filter and the sparkplugs were not done) £40 parts and the rest labour.

Made a note of the mileage before I dropped it off and it had an extra 17 miles on it too. Quite a thorough test drive that! Won't be going to the dealers again thats for sure.

Got mine back from a garage with 70 miles more on the clock once... eh G-Werks! lol

17 miles is a bit of a cheek...

Got mine back from a garage with 70 miles more on the clock once... eh G-Werks! lol

17 miles is a bit of a cheek...

70 miles!!! how come ?

I've spoken to them and they said they do a quick road test, the woman agreed that 17 was excessive. I'm going to write a letter to them and see what their explanation it.

Wouldnt your quick road test as a vw serviceman be a bit longer in a corrado? You could take it as a compliment! Oil and filter changes are so cheap it not worth getting your hands dirty too, I hope you didnt thing it was gonna be cheap going to a stealer :?

nah, liberties mate, if they did 17 miles in mine I would be straight on to the manager, they have probably taken your car out for more then a spin and driven it fairly hard. I'm taking mine in on saturday, but only for fault diagnosis. I don't trust VW dealers.

[70 miles!!! how come ?

Darren / G-Werks and the Pitstop Development guys hadn't really been in many VR6s back then, so they had a bit of a play.

Didn't mind in the slightest, since it needed a good 'test' anyway to make sure the work they did was up to standard :D

It's a raindrop in the ocean on my mileage, anyhow! :oops:

Yea, I wouldn't really mind if it was somewhere like g werks, but a VW dealership, NAH! They will prob just thrash it, and aren't even enthusiasts...

wasn't richard alexanders in huddersfield was it dan? they tried to overcharge me by £100, quoted work needed doing to the tune of £1500, then lost my 9 year VW service history :shock: Wrote a letter to complain to them and VWUK, took 6 months for Alexanders to reply, got offered a free winter check as compo, told them to F*** off!!!!

Not all vw dealers are the same. I am a technician at a vw dealer and I am a big enthusiast. But 17miles is a bit much I know the lads at our place would never do that

gees, when I take mine in on saturday, I am going to check the mileage now, I swear, if they drive it more then about 2 miles, I will give him such a hard time, and find the culprit. I live in Sittingbourne, Kent, so not sure about the VW dealers down here.....

Not all vw dealers are the same. I am a technician at a vw dealer and I am a big enthusiast. But 17miles is a bit much I know the lads at our place would never do that

Interesting to hear your point of view, I know there are some very good mechanics out there!

It was Lightcliffe VW up near Shelf. Where do you take yours now Nick ?

I actually also noticed when I got into the car that the stereo had popped out of the housing an inch or so.. it sometimes does this when its driven hard! Can't think of any other reason why it would have come out. (impossible to prove though)

It was Lightcliffe VW up near Shelf. Where do you take yours now Nick

am going to try peter ellam in huddersfield (behind MFI) he's an independant but have had very good reports about him. I've been told he is a well respected VW mechanic from people in the trade

h2vew, alright mate

i`ll stick up for you, never had a bad thing to say about your dealers

ben

:lcop: the prices are high but they always seem keen to get involved with a c at my local dealer

had the first service on the mk5 done , it was £181 ! i was expecting about half that really, its all pollen filters and crap on newer cars :roll: