Sign in to follow this  
waynos

my spoiler doesnt work!!!

just bought a corrado and the spoiler does not work at all.when i press the button i can hear a noise at the rear but im not sure if this is the motor jamming or something. i can manually turn the knob to raise the spoiler and lower it but thats all

please help :cry:

just bought a corrado and the spoiler does not work at all.when i press the button i can hear a noise at the rear but im not sure if this is the motor jamming or something. i can manually turn the knob to raise the spoiler and lower it but thats all

please help :cry:

it all comes to bits, see http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30770

but I'd take the panel off the tailgate and check for power to the motor when you operate the switch, could be a relay or fuse if there's nothing there. Before removing and taking it all to pieces, control module, relay or fuse problems are the most common cause but make sure under manual winding it's free from microswitch click to click (fully down to fully up) about 2 full turns.

David.

but make sure under manual winding it's free from microswitch click to click (fully down to fully up) about 2 full turns.

OK stupid question time - how do you manually wind it up and down? Is it the black plastic knob on the gearbox that you turn? If so it doesn't look very strong?

Ok I answered my own question by pulling out the black knob i was able to manually move the spoiler. Should the knob always be pulled out to allow for free movement? I can't see how the spoiler would move otherwise or am I missing something?

The spoiler's getting a little stuck at the lower position especially when rising - it's lowering under very little pressure. I'll work some wd40 and lubricant into it now.

Dave

but make sure under manual winding it's free from microswitch click to click (fully down to fully up) about 2 full turns.

OK stupid question time - how do you manually wind it up and down? Is it the black plastic knob on the gearbox that you turn? If so it doesn't look very strong?

i took the motor out today and powered it. the little black knob starts to turn but very very slowly and it doesent go all the way.does this mean the motor is shagged? can i rebuild the motor or do i have to buy a new one? are they expensive?

sorry for all the questions, just got the car and this is the main thing that annoys me

cheers

when i got my corrado last feb, i was told the wing didnt work (wouldnt go down) and that the black knob was pulled out so that it would stay down all the time. sure enough i pushed it in and it worked fine. in aug. it stopped going down. so i pulled the black knob out so it would just stay down all the time. then about 3 weeks ago i was getting of the highway and looked in my mirror and noticed the wing was up. when i came to the light it went down. i immediately pressed the manual switch with no results at all. when i got home i discovered that the knob was still out. (still havent figured out how it went up and down that one time) anyway i pushed it back in and the wing has worked properly since.

Keep this in mind when your wing fails to work. maybe it just needs a break for some time. or you can just blame it all on the gremlins living in each and every corrado

Hi guys,

where is this black knob you all speak of? My spoiler has been up since I bought my Rado, no response from the switch on the dash. Also where is the fuse for the spoiler or is there only a relay?

Thanks

Devan