Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

TOP GEAR TONIGHT

Looks like they will be showing the EVO FQ 400 VS THE LAMBO.

This wa a great contest, and even JC's 'average' driving skills in the FQ 400 are too much for even the mighty Lambo.

Good example of a giant killing car, and piece of engineering to get that much power from just 2l & 4 cylinders, even if it has a massive turbo.

They seemed to make a massive point of the cars lag, they are obviously too used to there fat V8 sleeper cars and not accustomed to actually stirring the gearbox 8)

Its not lag he talks about. He puts his foot down in fifth and waits for it to come on cam and then on boost. This is not lag.

Lag is the time between you putting your foot down, and the turbo reaching its full boosting capactiy at that point in the rev range, not the time between you putting your foot down at 1k rom and waiting for the turbo to come on boost.

Yea true, the point I was trying to make tho, is that he is actually suprised at the time it takes to come on boost, when in a 2.0T car with 400bhp, and he is in 5th gear at 30mph. Even if I didn that in my VR it would also take a few seconds to build up speed.

Yeah great piece of television. I encountered an Evo IV FQ430 (I think) the other day - was following it round a roundabout onto a dual carriageway. With a bit of encouragement from me he opened up and left me like I was going backwards!!! Not really knowing just how fast it was I looked it up on the web.......0-60 in 4.3 secs! Looking forward to the new series of TG.

that was probably an FQ340, are sure it was only a IV tho? more likely to be a VII/VIII, still very fast indeed, tho still not as cool as a C..

Yeah maybe it was a an FQ340, oops I meant IX (was on an 04 plate)? Awesome cars but I think of Evo's and Scooby's as a bit chav - like JC said, they're just bar brawlers! Not many cars out there as cool as the C!...by 'cool wall' standards they'd be in the sub zero section with the DB9!!!

There's no getting away from it, evo's and wrc's will leave a vr6 on the straight and narrows and a C could only just keep them in sight on the twistys (having said that i don't know how well an evo handles). But the fact remains, they look so plain and boring esp the imprezza. So when i am parked in the petrol forecourt and queueing up to pay, I look out at my Corrado with its mean wide stance from the front profile and i just thinks 'feck - your gorgeous' :)

Anyway back on topic - will have to watch this tonight.

when i am parked in the petrol forecourt and queueing up to pay, I look out at my Corrado with its mean wide stance from the front profile and i just thinks 'feck - your gorgeous' :)

I love doing that, queing up, when i say "number 8" or whatever i just love to look over at it, and watch people look lol, even when im fillin up i even see people in "posh" cars giving it a good look :D

Back on topic, impreza's are boring me now, but everytime i see an evo (which is hardly) i ALWAYS got to look at it

The c definately has a way of drawing attention. I was waiting at a set of lights yesterday and a workmen on the other side noticed the car, i saw him say something to the other three blokes he was with and then they all turned around to look.

I think it's the mix of the c's good looks and relative rareity.

As for the Evo and Impreza, you have to admire the awesome power they squeeze out of those 2L engines, but they don't have the character of the c.

So when i am parked in the petrol forecourt and queueing up to pay, I look out at my Corrado with its mean wide stance from the front profile and i just thinks 'feck - your gorgeous'

ore when you stop at traffic lights and see the reflection in a shop window and think woo that / I look cool 8)

o and if i had to chose i would have an evo over the impreza, that is if i could not have a C

Top Gear tonight????? Another reason to move to Scotland as up here top Gear is being replaced by womens shinty zzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Even the stig couldn't keep the turbo at full chat around the track. I don't think I could live with it as a daily driver but boy it could be a lot of fun at the weekends.

The Zonda is awesome!!!

Would rather like one of them Zonda's.. the noise was phenominal.. bet it doesn't go too badly either ;)

Planning to visit the Zonda factory next year - give me one of those over any current Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc

noticed that the lambo was higher on the lap time board than the FQ400. Maybe the touring car driver wasn't as good as the stig, or jezza.

Does anyone know what background music was playing when hammond blasted the zonda in the tunnel?

prodigy maybe but i was well fcuked on paracetamol..... all i kno is that i would rather have a lambo than a Evo anyday