Sign in to follow this  
andiG60

inlet manifold size on 2l 16v????

hi all. just seen a 50mm inlet manifold on ebay. will it fit the 2l 16v??? if not, why?

cheers

yes, but don't bother.

gives slightly better breathing at the top end at the expense of low and mid-range torque, only really worth considering on a highly tuned 2.016v, in which case the 42mm can become a little restrictive at high revs.

I use a 42mm on mine and recorded 175bhp and 154lb/ft at Stealth last friday and I don't suffer breathing problems at the top end ,unless I stick my head out of the window :wink:

David.

ok. thanks david. advice recieved and taken and i will leave it there!!! :roll:

if you dont mind me asking what mods have you got in the engine, im new to the 16v after 2 g60s and 2 vr's. i havnt done much to the lump as yet. go a new zaust with a decat and what a waste of time and ££ that was, i drives better with the cat on, and the "longlife" exhaust keeps getting holes, abd they tell me my engine mounts are gone ( despite brand new ones!!!!) :p

Andi, which longlife centre did you go to (some are supposedly better than others)? I was going to go down to plymouth and have the same done to mine, but I'll not bother if it's as bad as you say.

How much worse is it with the de-cat? I thought it was supposed to make quite an improvement on the 2.0

i went to the one in cardiff, was full of chavs having drainpipe exhausts. not a very nice experience. i went for a mid sport with a decat and its LOUD!!!! windows vibrating etc, quite nice though. i feel that the car actually went better the the cat on, could be in my head mind, but felt more torqy, of it could just be that the exhaust is so crap and keeps f***ing up that its resatricting /blowing somewhere. nxt time in off to gsf for a brand new cat for £99, legal and i feel better than the decat. you could alsways sell the pipe if you didnt get on with it on ebay mind. personaaly i would use longlife again

hope this helps :oops:

interesting ... there seems to be quite a few conficting views on the de-cat thing, some say up to 10bhp gain, others say you lose a bit of torque and gain lots of noise. Think I'll probably play it safe and leave the cat on, I just want something that sounds slightly sportier than standard but in NO way like a chavwagon. Also saves having to keep a dirty bit of exhaust lying around for a year then having to get it swapped on and off at MOT time.