Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

FK Rear Lights - what is the point !!!!!!!!!

alrighty peeps,

finally got round to fitting my rear smoked / red FK's and i dont just understand them - what is the point of making them "nearly" the same as the OEM's but not quite - how difficult would it have been to put the holes in for the original plastic brackets - they were 90% there - i just wedged my originals light mounts in

moan moan

ramble over

Brett

I always wondered why they never looked "quite" right.

At the end of they day they were well overdue tbh, only came out in 2000 i think. 4 years AFTER rados went out of production

bit of tape or something to hold them in she'll be right

they should have the clips though, I actually emailed to see if they were right.

I always wondered why they never looked "quite" right.

At the end of they day they were well overdue tbh, only came out in 2000 i think. 4 years AFTER rados went out of production

err that'll be 7-ish years btw :wink: ................july 1995 would have been the last C rolling off the line :wink: ................and from memory the FK's/inpros only came out 2002/03

Ok Doris!!

I wasnt too sure.

pffff......no sense quoting things if you weren't sure :-P .....and as supercharged says............only he's allowed to call me Doris :p :D :D

OK, the reason that they're a slightly different design is so that muppets don't use white bulbs in the indicators, as they're designed to use amber bulbs instead... ;)

If FK/Inpro allowed you to use the original bulb holder, they wouldn't get TUV certification as you could then have white indicators and (if you were a muppet) maybe wouldn't realise....

The holders they supply have an offset pin configuration on the indicator bulb holder so you can't (unless you really try!) put in a white bulb. Amber bulbs nearly always come with an offset pin so will fit... 8)

Simply terminate the supplied bulb holders with male spade terminals and plug 'em into the original wiring so that you're using the supplied holders without having to mess around with the original wiring... 8)

If FK/Inpro allowed you to use the original bulb holder, they wouldn't get TUV certification as you could then have white indicators and (if you were a muppet) maybe wouldn't realise....

or just not be bothered !!!