Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

pro`s and con`s of setting co2 2% on a valver

hey

after hearing many times that valvers run best on a co2 setting of 2% i asked my mechanic to do it.

he says that k-jet should be set at 1% =/- 0.5, said it would be thirsty and more sluggish.

anyway he`s done it and i think its a bit louder and a little bit torquier (sp??)

just wondering if anyone knew of any pro`s (not running lean top end..etc?) or con`s (reduced MPG..etc?)

and if anyones seen any difference on a RR from just altering base co2, personal experience etc....?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Kjet runs a bit lean during acceleration and is best set like this. Set too lean to below it has mild flat spots which make you put you foot down more compunding the situation.

8V & 16v have it. 8v's (DX & EV) fit a vacuum driven warm-up regulator to put things right. 16v (KR) has vacuum regulator so running with higher CO % helps but they are still a little flat.

MPG is isn't noticeable but because you enjoy it more, your foot goes down more and that's where the mpg changes downward.