Sign in to follow this  
WONGA

help needed with stereo wiring

I think i might have sold my rado today and i havnt got my stereo in.I wired it up last week and had the permanent live wired up and everything was working fine,until my battery drained.What i need to know is how do i wire it up on permanent and ignition,which wire goes where.Ive done a search and cant find anything quickly

help

I don't believe the Corrado has an accessory position on the ignnition switch so you'll have to take a switched feed from some component that only comes on with the ignition. The heated rear screen is a good candidate.

Red: switched 12v

Yellow: battery

yeh which wire from the stereo goes to the red and which to the yellow.I want it to be on permanent and ignition.(i mean when the key goes in)

I know that vw's are differnent to wire up than other cars but dont know how?

.I want it to be on permanent and ignition.(i mean when the key goes in)

To get this only VW from August 1990 onwards build standard have the switch built into the ignition barrel plus the wires needed. ie. Chassis 50Mk000001 onwards 1988/89 ie. 50KK****** & LK******, don't have the facility and you will have to rig up a two way switch with centre off to make sure no 12 volt back feed occurs between the ignition and battery when switched.

The red and yellow wires I was talking about were on the stereo side. What year is your car as it seems you may have the wiring in the car loom already?

I know that vw's are differnent to wire up than other cars

Who told you that?