Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Oil pressure sender

Re - 1.8 16v

Ive got some Audi gauges that ive fitted to the dash and now i want to wire them in :roll:

Ive got the 5bar oil pressure sender but im told that I need a t piece to fit it. Sorry for the stupid question but is the t piece a part that screws into the top of the oil cooler in place of the orig sender and allows for two sender on the top of it.

If so does this sound like the right bit (From big boys toys) Oil Pressure Sender 10mm x 1mm £9.95 T-Piece If not can someone point me in the right direction to get one :D

Also :roll: I want to keep the MFA oil temp reading but im not sure where to get a reading for the new temp gauge. Is there another sender somewhere or is this another t piece solution.

Cheers J

OK, there's 2 ways of doing the oil pressure gauge...

1) get hold of the combined oil pressure sender/switch which simply replaces the existing switch and gives you a connection for the original wire and the wire to your new gauges

2) use an aftermarket 5bar oil pressure sender AND the original oil pressure switch with a T-piece.

The T-piece you have listed above sounds right for what you want to do, but you'll need 2 of 'em if you want to keep the MFA oil temp working too... you'll also need an oil temp sender (about £5 from GSF ;) )

What you need to do is put the pressure switch and gauge sender on one T piece and 2 oil temp senders onto the other. This will allow you to run both the MFA oil temp and the gauge at the same time...

If you get in contact with Demon Tweaks, they do the T piece for about £4.50 + £1 P&P... ;)

Thanks for the help mate things looks a bit clearer now :lol:

1) get hold of the combined oil pressure sender/switch which simply replaces the existing switch and gives you a connection for the original wire and the wire to your new gauges

Any idea where I could get one of these as it seems to be the easier route :wink:

Re - 1.8 16v

Ive got some Audi gauges that ive fitted to the dash and now i want to wire them in :roll:

Do you have any pics of the fitted Gauges?

Re - 1.8 16v

Do you have any pics of the fitted Gauges?