Sign in to follow this  
leew

Todays question is...

The previous owner of the C I have was what seems like a chain smoker.

I've tried Fabreeze on all the seat etc but thiss only worked for a couple of hours.

Have any of you guys got any ideas on how to get rid of the smell???

Yeh, i'm bit reluctant to go to any valencing companies. I took a previous car to them (my P&J at the time FTO) and they did a shite job and charged me £75.

I was thinking more of something off the shelf that actually works.

Try AutoGlym interior shampoo. I smoke n so did the previous owner. tis good. used it on roof etc. on the seats i use leather shampoo and leather treatment cream-same brand

My suggestion is a little involved if you want to completly remove the smell.

1st have the head liner recovered. This is where all the smoke ends up and you can never clean this enough. In the USA if you take the header liner to a shop after removing it they will only charge $50 or so.

2nd if you can have a professional carpet cleaner steam clean the interior as this helps lift all the crud out of the seats and carpet.

3rd if you don't want to do step 2 then buy a foaming auto carpet cleaner and use this in conjunction with scrubbing and a shop vac. The main thing is to lift all of the dirt and odors.

I usually am able to get the interior much cleaner when I take the seats out of the car. I only do this once a year so that I can get ALL of the dirt and it makes it much easier to clean. happy cleaning