Sign in to follow this  
16vgt

white paint

ive checked my boot for the sticker that should have the paint code on it but its all manky and half ripped.. is there any other way i could find out the colour of the corrado?? its white- but i think there are 2 types of white available on corrados. the car is a g-reg 1.8 16v if thats any help

cheers

in halfords they have a book with the years that vw used what colour of paint might be able to track down the colour there :)

Or go to your local stealers and ask them which colour it is... They should be able to tell you from the Chassis number.... As long as it's not been resprayed! :wink:

You should also have a sticker on the inside of the driver's side front wing.

You may have to remove the airbox to see it.

Bright orange sticker with the name of the paint and a barcode IIRC.

in halfords they have a book with the years that vw used what colour of paint might be able to track down the colour there :)

Not a very good list, though, as mine wasn't there!

I found it as "Brombeer" under the Audi section.

I found it as "Brombeer" under the Audi section.

Mmmmm beer.... /homer :lol:

I always wondered what that colour was Andi...

Your paint code will be L90E Alpine white. Only later C's had the Candy white option. Good Luck.

don't go to the halfords for paint.. that's asking for trouble... on a white corrado then... just go to a painter and let him mix the right color for you... and another thing... be sure you have cleaned your paint before he makes a sample... a bit cleaning gives a great difference on white paint

don't go to the halfords for paint.. that's asking for trouble...

:D

Yeah I think you could be right. I went for some paint a month ago, no problems with the kid that served me, we had a nice chat, and i was there as he mixed the paint - So i made sure that the weights of the colours was accurate :p The paint was a perfect match.

I went back there about 2 weeks ago for some more, and some twat served me, getting all cocky.

I got so pissed off, I wrote Halford a letter - my 1st ever complaint. Hope the little shit gets the sack! Here's what I wrote: :D

------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is the first time I have ever felt the need to write a letter of complaint about the level of customer service in any store I’ve shopped at. An incident with a member of your staff in the ****** ****** Retail Park branch of Halfords on Saturday the 2nd of August prompts this letter.

At around 3pm on the aforementioned date, I approached a young blonde male member of staff – I didn’t take note of his name. I asked to have some car paint mixed up to order, and we made our way to the paint mixing area of the store.

I then asked him politely to make sure he would be as accurate as possible with the paint measurements, as being even a small fraction out can produce an entirely different shade of paint, and that would stand out on any car. His reply - with a ‘couldn’t care less’ attitude was:

“Yeah I’m gonna cock it up deliberately for you...”

I didn’t find this comment particularly helpful. He asked me to come back in 15mins whilst he made up the paint. I asked if I could stay, just to make sure the mixture was correct. I had been in the store a month before, and the chap that served me on that occasion had no problems, so I assumed this blonde young man wouldn’t mind either.

As he took out the various paints, I could sense his obvious dissatisfaction with my request. His sighs and huffs were all too obvious.

I asked, “have you got a problem with me?”

His response: “Yes I do. I don’t like people watching me work”

I stood there in amazement and wondered what sort of customer service this was.

He then turned to me and snarled: “do you want to mix it yourself?”

At which point I had enough and asked him to fetch the manager.

He stormed off saying “I’ve had enough” and asked his colleague to “deal” with me instead.

I did not get the chance to speak to the manager; as I left the store after being told they didn’t even have the correct paints in stock.

---------------------------

I got a letter back saying they are looking into it :lol:

do they mix the paint at halfords themselves in the uk ????

here's just a big rack with spray cans, with a book in which you can search the matching color

Plus Halford spray cans have a habit of randomly blowing up!!! We had quite a few Halfords own spray paint cans recalled because of unexplained explosions! Shhh, don't tell anyone :p

Im after exactly the same shade of paint. I send my woman to halfords.. well it is her car.. and asked her to pick up some Alpine White spray and primer because the paint is peeling off the metal numberplate light holder below the spoiler. She returned with a white paint chip kit.

Upon voicing my concern, she said that the guy in Halfords told her 'oh no you dont want spray, itll go everywhere. u need a chip kit'.

Now did the fool really think I was going to leave it on the car when I sprayed it?? has he even heard of masking tape??

And as for the paint mixing service, it looks like it hasn't got to Wales.. or the Netherlands yet :)

Plus Halford spray cans have a habit of randomly blowing up!!! We had quite a few Halfords own spray paint cans recalled because of unexplained explosions! Shhh, don't tell anyone

Is that the Holts can you're referring to? :shock: I hope not! Maybe I'd better put the can in the shed

The ones in the grey tins. We had boxes full of em ready to go back and the paint aisle was closed off for about a week. Not good for customer relations: "I'm sorry sir but we can't give you any paint this week. Why? Oh the cans have been found to explode randomly and remove limbs and digits from people but it's really nothing to worry about!". Don't worry mate, the faulty ones got recalled from the stores and there were no more reports of unexplained explosions. Sill, if you want rid of the shed you could leave it in there in this hot weather :twisted: