Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

CAR TAX

I think they turn a blind eye to this mate you should be safe. Just don't let them see your avatar pick or they will throw away the key. Expect you'd get plenty of action inside though!

third-party insurance scheme wrapped into fuel prices as well.

Taking fuel prices up to 3 quid a liter or something, after road tax and insurance premiums have been abosrbed ito the fuel cost :roll:

Joe Public / chav / fat Jag-driving b*stard will not accept that, I'm afraid, particularly as the latter (the Jag fat b*stard) usually has enough lobbying power or mates with lobbying power, that this will never happen :roll:

Tempest

How much is the Bike to Insure,I have full bike no claims but always wanted somthign bigger but always scared by the probable insurance

Roy

Well there are obviously a few factors involved here, such as age, years riding without a break, no claims bonus, etc. I'm 30, have held a full licence for 13 years with only three years out while at university, and have six years NCB. The R1 was brand new in March and worth £9400, group 18 (out of 18 ) and was £700 comp. The DRZ-400 is an '04-plate, worth about £3000, not sure what insurance group, but I'd expect about group nine, and is £200 comp. - about the same as the Corrado.

I reckon the calculation for road tax would generate a 15p premium on a litre of petrol. Insurance is a whole new ball game cos more variable factors come into it but if Blairs third party idea was done (which is sound as that means a central fund) I reckon a further 25p a litre would generate enough based on £300 annual premium 3rd party etc. If peeps want fully comp, then that you take out as additional cover and thats where the age, car, area, etc. kick in like they do now with any premium.