Sign in to follow this  
G60-R

Newbie with a sunroof problem.

Hi all, just introducing myself and after some advice on sunroofs.

Firstly i'm not a Corrado owner. :shock: i own a passat sycro g60. Being fairly rare it's hard to find forums on. so, my friend (JTG60) directed mr here.

I bought the car a week ago and must say she is loverly. :) There are a few teething problems to iron out but nothing major.

The first one is; only one heat bar on my rearscreen. anyone know if i can mend this or is it a case of fitting a new screen? Does anyone have/know of a 1991 passat estate rear screen for sale?

The second problem, only happened today on the way home from G-werks. opened sunroof on slide, no prob. try to shut sunroof. got stuck halfway. a bit of presuation and it covers the hole but is lifted at the fornt corner and scrached to buggery. Can anyone offer help or/and new parts?

Cheers everyone.

Not sure where you're from, but there's a vw breakers in bridgwater in somerset who are pretty good at that sorta thing, called Audi 4 u. Give them a bell on 01278434141

Try G W Bridges at pease pottage for a tailgate glass as there were a couple of estates in there yesterday

Ive got a 1990 35i working sunroof mechanism ie no metal roof panel or a working 1995 moonroof complete if you interested

Cheers Marc

G60-R, Sadly a fault with the Corrado sunroof. I don't think anyone has got away from this problem.

If you have a Salvage yard near you, the best thing would be to source a sunroof subframe (can loose the pannel as its different) and motor from a Passat of the same age.

To give you an idea, I paid £10 for the lot. Still works aswell ;)

Fitting time should be around an hour. Forum search should be of help there.

Good luck

G60-R - There has been a lot of discussion on sunroofs, rado ones can be quite troublesome. If you haven't found them already here are some useful links

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2043

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1906

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7564

hope this helps.

Cheers guys, now i've just got to decide wether to tackel it my self of let a pro do it.

Has anyone done any D.I.Y spraying, i.e a can of colour spray and a can of lacure (spelling?) How did it go? end results noticable?

Cheers guys, now i've just got to decide wether to tackel it my self of let a pro do it.

Has anyone done any D.I.Y spraying, i.e a can of colour spray and a can of lacure (spelling?) How did it go? end results noticable?

Do you love your corrado? I'm sure you do, let a pro spray it :lol: Same happened to me and I paid £100 for the pannel to be shot balsted and re-painted. Thankfully I was happy with the colour match, so there wasn't any need to blend into the roof.

DIY the rails though.. Minium tool required! Its about 8 10/13mm bolts. Just ake your head liner down and there it is! ( I pulled mine out through the boot to save taking the piller plastics off)

i'm doing it on a passat estate. any ideas if i'm going to have a mare geting the head liner off/out?

G60-R, Most of the plastic pulls off.. Have a look for a screw in the A piller. The B piller will require you to unbolt the Seat belt Bracket and the odd screw and C may possibly pull off. You seriously can't go wrong unless you take it apart with a hammer :lol:

G60-R, head liner's not too difficult in a passat estate. as people have said above, remove the A B and C pillar plastic trims and the trim over the rear hatch then take the headliner out of the rear door (actually easier than in a Corrado!)

If you get down to Halfords, you can buy a heated rear window repair pen... it's basically a permanent marker which conducts electricity... you'll need to steam up the rear window and put the rear heated screen on to see which bars aren't working... you then need to find where the non-working bars are scratched and repair them with the pen... They come with instructions, and if you're VERY careful you can do a VERY neat and practically invisible repair to the elements... 8)

Cheers for the advise on the screen pen henny, i'll give it a go.

an update on the sunroof situation; went to a couple of garages to day, quotes around £270 just foe mending it, then i'll have to get it sprayed. to meny pennies for me.

went to a scrappy and got a whole new sunfoof, different coulour though. payed £10 :D

Any tips on puting my sunroof pannel on the new mechanisum?

And, how can i test the new mech and motor work o.k before putting it in the car?