Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

Front door speakers

I bought a full focal stereo for my old e30 beemer, but saw the light and bought a g60 instead. Not the same feel of quality, but much more fun and style. Check it out here.

Well, anyways, when I got out the goodiebag filled with my brand new focal 130v2 speakers (5.25" I believe), they didn't exactly fit straight onto the original recess. It probably wouldn't have sounded very nice anyways, however, with all the vibration coming from the thin ABS OEM plastic.

What I was thinking was to take out the whole door card, soundproof the door, take off the original pocket, cut out the black plastic sheet the originals were mounted in, and somehow, make something tricky out of glassfibre to fit behind the original grilles or at a minimum, the focal grilles that came with the kit. Then I would just screw the pocket on again.

I'm not too sure where I should put the tweeters, but probably in the original place. Or, where the add-on MB Quart tweeters are sitting now, on top of the a-pillars.

Whatcha think? Are there easier ways to do this? Oh and a great forum y'all got here :)

I agree with the above, Audioscape pods are 8) I noticed a massive improvement with the sound when I got mine 8)

Also thats a really nice C :D

For the door pockets I would use these

b_174.jpg

as found http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32193

Only problem being those are for 6.5 inch speakers, but if you buy new, then you can ask them to cut out the hole for 5.5 inch speakers.

Why not just sell you current speakers, buy 6.5's and contact me for a good price on those that are pictured :wink:

Cheers for the link Dave :)

those pods were awfully expensive tho. 180 quid = way too much after shipping and norwegian taxation. Nah, easier to do this myself. And as long as it's reasonably loud and clear, I'll postpone it till next year, when i'm getting a new vr6 instead (moving state-side, y'all see)