Sign in to follow this  
Dougalo

Guestimate anyone?

I have a dent about the size of a football in my passenger door. It hasn't broken the paint, but it does go over both sides of the door strip. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost to get repaired? Or, would i best sourcing a new door? I'm sure someone out there has had something similar?!

Ive almost got exactly the same frickin problem!!

Ive got a dent, about the size of a football (but caused by a tree) that goes over the crease of the door. Ive called a few people and taken it to a few bodyshops. The bodyshops reckoned it would have to be re-done completely at a cost of between £200 - £275, but im positive it can be pulled as the paint isnt damaged. I know most places charge about £50 to have a dent removed though.

Well if its going to cost £200-£300 i'd be far better off getting a new door from somewhere.

Hmmm, think i'll need to go and speak to some bodyshops

try those Halfrauds people. They are a big company any if they bodge it up you can get all Coolrado on their a55, and get a complete respray thrown in too. :D

Sorry missunderstanding, I meant they are a big company so would honour any bodge in the same way as RAC sorted out (eventualy) coolrado.

Well if its going to cost £200-£300 i'd be far better off getting a new door from somewhere.

Hmmm, think i'll need to go and speak to some bodyshops

Ive considered this, but since replacing my passenger wing, the colour isnt spot on, so then youd need to spend more money on getting it painted. :(