Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Not again: What fuel pump have I got?

Yes, this has been done to death, but as I'm about to order a new fuel pump for my G60, the dealer started doubting whether I had a single in-tank pump.

OK, here's my VIN:

L011682

Uncle Edgar says, single pump from L0055.. to M..., so mine falls into that range, unless I've totally misunderstood Uncle Edgar.

I've also despite having spent quite some time underneath my Rado (including replacing a clamp on my fuel filter) not noticed a 2nd pump underneath anywhere near to the fuel filter (which I believe would be the easiest give-away that one has the 2-pump system).

Bentley also says 2-pumps till 10/89, from then single pump. Mine is definitely a 1990 (L in the above VIN).

Just wanted to make absolutely sure, before anyone can think of some weird reason, as to why mine might still have something weirder :lol:

And no, I can't check the existing intank pump, as I haven't been able to remove the white locknet yet. Once I have, I'd quite like to immediately change the pumps as well, as I don't fancy sticking the old one back in again for the time being :roll:

Tempest