Sign in to follow this  
sefton

Raceland coilovers! dont take the piss please!

I have recently fitted some 7.5x16" Brock B2 to my C and want to lower the car as theres loads of room let that needs filling!

I want coilovers but the Koni ones etc cost the earth!

I use my C as a daily driver, and want to lower it by about 30-40mm and like the idea of changing the height from time to time etc!

So I've been looking at Supersport coilovers as they only cost about £450, I've spoken to people who run these and there all impressed with the ride, look and quality of the coilover, but during my little investigation I have come to the conclusion that the coilovers by Raceland are supposed to be even better than the Supersport ones! (And even cheaper at about £350)!

I spoke to the guys at Style dynamics and they said they have had a few cars in that are running on Raceland coilover and there a good quality product!

I've never really considered Raceland as I thought they must be pretty crap as the prices are so low! But from what quite a lot of people have said on quite a few different forums there really good and have had nothing but praise!

So please dont take the piss because I'm serously thinking of getting some!

(I'll let you know hoew they are if I buy them)!

P.S. I know you they are only height ajustable!

my advice to you is if you areon a tight budget send the money on the supersport one,s imho they are worth the extra money

so whats up with the raceland? iknow you usally get what you pay for but i must admit they do look/sound good

I know of a few people who have had problems with raceland dampers. even though its an different shocker, ie one is adjustable i expect they use the same inserts in order to keep the price that low. that means that in theory they are just as prone to leak. Im not saying that supersports are better. its just what i have. i openly admit i have not tried racelands myself. My mate has had to replace 2 dampers on his mk3. I dont fancy taking off a shocker, sitting my car still fora few weeks or whatever while i wait for a test and replacement. the extra hundred quid is worth paying if you dont get this hassle. n the rides good too

lets hope the supersports are up to it.

i use the koni coilover's ...all i can say is you get what you pay for "QUAILTY" The konis are the best coilovers i have ever had the pleasure of using!

I'm getting some FK Coilovers next week when I get paid :D

I've not heard a bad word said about them, and they are marginally cheaper than the koni's. They are also supposed to be less harsh than the Koni's (so I've heard from the CGTi boys), so they won't jar my old bones so much :wink:

Should be heaps better than my current set-up - Bilstein dampers and Ventura progressive springs, which is pretty harsh and crashy over potholes!

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

Someone on Club Gti forum has just gave me an idea!

Koni ajustable dampers with Eibach springs (I thought about this before but people said I will hardly see the drop as the 30mm seems more like20mm)

He said why not run this set up with some lowering caps!

Bingo!!! A top set up that I can afford!

I use the car every day and don't want to slam it just get rid of some of the room between the arch and the wheel!

I think the Dampers and springs come to somthing like: £420 (dont know if thats with or without VAT?

How much are lowering caps?

Is it wise to use lowering caps?

i still think the supersports would be better for not a lot more money i think the bonrath lowering caps are around £60ish sp that is almost the cost of fully adjustable supersport coilovers !!!

You should also check that you can get lowering caps for the back of the c. (think I read that their for the front only)

I'd say go for the coilovers, (the supersport seem to be gettin good rewiews)

Don't rush your decision...

Shit I thought the lowering caps were only £10ish?

Thanks for all the feedback!

the Supersport coilovers are £460!

gunna start saving!