Sign in to follow this  
marcus

G60 fuel line replacement???

All the G60 owners who replaced their dodgy fuel lines recently, please could you tell me where you purchased them. Braided or oem.

Ive been quoted £55.00 for all 3 from the money rapeing stealers.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Perhaps I'm being over cautious but £55 to secure OE fittings when you're dealing with such a safety related issue is a small price to pay - I did both of mine with OE fittings

£10.00 for a fire extinguisher!!

Supercharged - i'm guessing the generic 8mm is solid enough to withstand the pressure?.... if so, sounds a gd option as no one else has recommended

alternative retailers.

It's not high pressure like the 16v's but I'd recommend you buy the good stuff which is usually about £7 a metre (if you only buy 1 or 2) - this normally has a ribbed/braided appearance and it will bend into a U shape better than the cheaper stuff - you need this for the one at the end or the rail to the pressure switch...

It's not high pressure like the 16v's but I'd recommend you buy the good stuff which is usually about £7 a metre (if you only buy 1 or 2) - this normally has a ribbed/braided appearance and it will bend into a U shape better than the cheaper stuff - you need this for the one at the end or the rail to the pressure switch...

Make sure you ask for "fuel pipe". Petrol is a solvent & some types of pipe don't like it very much.

Got my braided fule hoses from Demon Tweeks, they can withstand up to 10 bar, if memory serves me correctly.

2 hoses attach to the fuel lines on your right hand side strut tower (facing in driving direction), the black one of which goes to your fuel rail, blue one comes from the bottom conector on the FPR.

The third hose is located at the other end of the engine block, between the end of the fuel rail and the fuel pressure switch (which is attached to the front of the TB via a screw).

Tempest