Sign in to follow this  
ollster

Wishbone torque wrench settings

im just changing the front wishbones on my 2l 16v corrado, could someone please confirm for me the tourque wrench setting for the front and rear pivot bolts on the wishbones. For the mk2 16v the front pivot bolt is stated to be 130 nm and and an american document i have states the corrado slc to be 70nm! which doesnt sound right at all...

HELP!!!!

please confirm for me the tourque wrench setting for the front and rear pivot bolts on the wishbones.

For “Basic Running Gear” only. (All EXCEPT Corrado VR6)

Front = 130Nm ( 96 lb ft)

Rear = 130Nm ( 96 lb ft), (I assume you mean the one through the bush vertically)

For “Plus Running Gear” only. (Corrado VR6 only)

Front = 50Nm (37 lb ft) then a further quarter turn

Rear = 70Nm (52 lb ft) then a further quarter turn, (I assume you mean the one through the bush vertically)

SLC = VR6 as said above, so that’s correct.

Hello Jay,

VR6 set-up as you presumably have fitted the VR6 struts as well as the wishbones. The torques are suspension fitted determined, not engine size.

Give us a wave some time as you pass a prestine white Scirocco going the other way. Bridge Lane one morning last week going to Hazel Grove.

Chris

Will keep my eyes peeled for you Chris.

But the torque settings are for the rear bolts are into the body so do I tighten them to VR6 or G60 as I have a VR6 subframe on a G60 body. I just did them up damn tight! :)

Jay

Jay,

They are much the same as I spotted a bit of small print “then a further quarter turn”. So the body ones work out at 70Nm + qtr turn on the VR6. The odd one is the rear furthest back sub-frame directly into the body. That’s just 65Nm, no additional turn angle for a VR6 but all other Corrados it’s 80Nm. So damm tight is most likely OK and not worth a change.

VR6 or G60? Use VR6 settings.