Sign in to follow this  
zacon

Clutch fluid (G60)

I have a couple of questions.

I've understood that the clutch fluid reservoir is right by the brake fluid reservoir. Should I use standard DOT4 brake fluid for the clutch?

There's a fluid reservoir near the intercooler and battery. What goes in there? I don't have the service handbook.

Thanks.

The brake and clutch reservoir are the same, there is a line to the clucth MC from it so never let it get low... yes Dot 4 is the stuff.

The other one is for the power steering, make sure only the green VW fluid goes in here - VW racks don't like the red ATF fluid that is used in other cars power steering systems

I have replaced the whole engine in the car. I have been very careful to put everything back like it was with the old one.

I'm a little confused and nervous. My Corrado is equiped with a Rotrex compressor by the previous owner. I have a fluid reservoir to the left of the compressor, where the original air filter would go, that says "POWER STEERING." I suppose now that this reservoir was fitted when the compressor was replaced. The lower outlet on it goes to the compressor. I somehow thought this reservoir was both power steering and compressor oil.

I was gonna fill the clutch fluid reservoir, then bleed the clutch. Do I need to bleed the brakes aswell?

I'm afraid I had standard, red, power steering fluid in the compressor fluid reservoir. Is this really, really bad, what should I've had in there?

I haven't started the engine with the compressor yet, but I did start the engine right after I put it in there, only just to see if it was running. I probably shouldn't have done that without clutch fluid.

I'll get power steering fluid from the local VAG service center on monday.