Sign in to follow this  
zacon

Leather retrim in Germany?

It would be more convenient for me to go to Germany for a retrim rather than to Britain. Can anyone recommend anything?

There are some non-vw specific shops which probably could do a nice job, but it will be so expensive I could buy another Corrado or two instead. Salaries are generally high in Norway, so that makes things like this very expensive. Unfortunately...

I've heard about people that had it done in Germany, but never caught where. Anyone?

Why not buy a complete leather interior on ebay.de, there seem to be some good buys in Germany, the only problem being that they tend to sell within Germany only & shipping elsewhere could be expensive.

Another suggestion would be to buy a complete car with leather trim from Germany then get it home, strip it out & sell the other parts.

Alternatively contact some of the guys on the German Corrado Clubs, they seem friendly enough.

Good luck. :thumbleft:

I agree with crdo 16v, buying a used interior over the internet is a far better way of doing it. Otherwise, if you're into traveling, I am sure you can get a just as good retrim in one of the earlier east-block countries, like poland or latvia.

Problem in Germany is the same high salaries. 40-50€ per hour!

And "good" quality is another chapter....

A good scene trimmer do the whole interior for about 2200-2600€.

About 60pieces and 13-18 sqm.

I can give you his mobilenumber and some good examples from him.

But that wasn't my choice cause i hate stock solutions and only "good" quality.

My trimmer is not specialized for corrados but he did some of my parts really well 8)

(but not perfect for me at all :roll: )