Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

Running in period for coilovers?

Should be getting my coilovers back soon from being rebuilt. I have them wound down pretty low but should i set them high and let them run in a bit before winding them down?

Nice one Rob.. so the boot will be empty soon lol..

like the other say they will take abit of time to bed in.. just drop the rear then drop it some more if it aint low enough!!

Cheers for the replies guys, think i'll let em bed in for a couple of weeks and then wind them down a touch :lol:

Baz2004, there FK konigsports so there getting rebuilt by them in germany under warranty. Been nearly 8 weeks now :roll:

Been nearly 8 weeks now :roll:

I’ve been there, I was wondering if they were all that slow at doing the job. :roll:

Out of interest guys can I ask what failed on both of you Konigsports as I recently fitted mine (they took about 2 weeks to settle down properly)

Yeah, it was the rears that started to leak and didnt have any compression. Apparently dubsport have had 4-5 others go the same so dont deal with FK anymore...

Mine has just failed the MOT on a leaking suspension strut on the konigsports. Cool, an 8 week wait... :o(

I'm just curious what you guys do when you find your struts are leaking, and you need to send 'em back - What do you do with your car in the mean time? :?

Leave it on axle stands for a month or two!? Buy some cheapo temporary suspension bits?

Hopefully I'll never have to find out, even though I've got FK's! :|

When one of my Koni's coilovers (rear strut) started leaking I reported it to the garage that fitted them within 2 weeks Koni sent me a brand new set of coilovers for free. This suited me as I had the coilovers for 3 years great service.