Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Demon vw rolling road day.

Attended the demon vw rolling road day yesterday at well lane turbo centre. Thought this might be of interest to jim as its his old car. It made 207 bhp at the fly again!!lol and 187lbft at the wheels.

at what rpm did yours show mate? my results are a bit odd... apparently I made 197bhp @ 6400rpm - which is a bit odd for a G60. Can you post up your printout - Just scanning mine in now

I dont have a scanner bud il see if i can get sum 1 else to do it but it probably wont b til 2moro. On my dyno plot it says peak power was made at 6027rpm.

Ok scan attached.

Its a bit difficult to see but it says I got 197bhp @ 6400rpm (the 8000rpm bit was crossed out).

I was hoping for more to be honest as the spec of my engine is very similar to Dan's, only I have a Gas Flowed Head. Theres something odd about the printout for mine, but obviously the rollers were accurate as Dan's car has gotten exactly the same figures from another 2 Rolling roads, Stealth and AMD?

Looking at the torque figure too it seems I got a max of 168lb/ft which also seems low considering the amount of work done to the engine :(

Anyone got any suggestions? I never got it set up properly after fitting the SNS Stage 5 Chip, and the engine does have 160,000 on it so probably won't be as strong as it once was...

I dont have a scanner bud il see if i can get sum 1 else to do it but it probably wont b til 2moro. On my dyno plot it says peak power was made at 6027rpm.

Thats sounds a lot more G60 like. I forgot yours has a Schrick cam on it too doesn't it?

Spec of my car is as follows: Stage 4 charger, schrick cam, golf fimc, 68mm pulley, stainless exhaust system, induction kit(not convinced. possibly an expensive paper weight lol) and a stage 5 sns chip. To be honest your plot doesnt look that different from mine. il try n get some pics up.

No, this is my full engine spec list:

- G-Werks Stage 4 Supercharger

- 68mm Pulley

- Golf G60 Intercooler

- Bar-Tek Intercooler Pipework

- Red Top Injectors

- SNS Stage 5 Chip

- Gas Flowed Head

- Supersprint Exhaust

- Milltek Decat

- Oil Cooler

- K&N Panel Filter

- Custom Cold Air Intake Feed

- Bosch W5DPO Sparkplugs

Attended the demon vw rolling road day yesterday at well lane turbo centre. Thought this might be of interest to jim as its his old car. It made 207 bhp at the fly again!!lol and 187lbft at the wheels.

lol! Well if nothing else its the worlds most consistant Corrado! I don't think i've ever seen power figures stay so similar across the period of a few years on any car!

There was a Golf Rallye there too which got 220bhp!

I asked the guy what he'd done to it, and he said it had a pulley and chip, and an odd ISV valve thing - not quite sure what that was, but I'm guessing it was just a block off to stop it venting boost

Do you not think it sounded lumpy on tick over, wonder if it had a wild cam in it or something? abosolutely gorgeous car tho.

Do you not think it sounded lumpy on tick over, wonder if it had a wild cam in it or something? abosolutely gorgeous car tho.

That’s exactly what I said :lol: Sounded really sweet on the rollers though 8)

DANG60 - you might recognise the car in the banner today as well.. its brookescourt/leew/mine/morpheus1870/yours ;)

I used to wash it once a week come wind, rain, hail or snow!! :)

But for some reason, that colour green just looks disgustingly filthy after about 3 days after washing it, regardless of the weather. Its a nightmare! :|

Yeah i know what you mean it is a difficult colour to keep clean but it also look gorgeous in the summer when the sun hits it cos it shows all thr bluey green metallic flakes in the paint.