Sign in to follow this  
AmbisoniK

Can't Drop Rear Bilstein PSS Coilovers Low Enough...

Got a serious problem with my Bilstein PSS coilovers - they won't go low enough :(

more specifically the thread on the rear dampers run's out @ approx 62cm (measurement from floor to center of arch),where as the front dampers still have 2"-3"'s of thread left ! - surely this can't be right ?

if anyone has any experience of these coilovers your thoughts would be greatly appreciated as i'm starting to think i may have the wrong rear dampers for my car :cry:

seen the same topic on vortex

the general answer seems to be "remove the helper springs"

but after seeing a pic of them I'd say, buy some shorter rear springs, they are fecking huge!!!

Cheers for the reply - some seriously helpfull info there !

yeah your right about the springs - the dampers are fairly hefty too :shock:

i assume if you remove the helper springs then your gonna sacrifice some refinement/comfort,but will prob gain 2-3 inches of drop ?,which would be way more than enough for me.

[Off Topic] i read somewhere your car was up for sale - hope you changed your mind after - that's one unique badass motor you have there dude :notworthy:

well, as far as I'm aware the helper spring is only ther to take up any slack and make sure the spring stays seated when the car is jacked up (or airbourne!). if the spring dislocates out of it's seat it's an MOT failure (not that it's ever going to go anywhere! the helper spring usually compresses to almost flat and coil bound with the car on it's wheels.

not selling the corrado now. decided to keep it and take it to the next level (i.e., finish it off properly!)